View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:40 PM
themadpatter

Default There is hope, my fellow quilters!

My sisters (and brothers) I am here to tell you there is hope for your free motion quilting! It will not always make you have sad, hopeless, even somewhat hateful feelings about your self, your technique, your machine, your thread, your life, and even the very world around you! That is right, there will come a day (or night) when you will be sewing along, full of joy, and feeling like a very real Midnight Quilter your very own self! Yes! It happened to me just last night, so I am here to spread the word that There. Is. Hope!!! So, keep at it! Try a different pattern, experiment. Quilt like no one will ever see it, and soon you will be dancing like no one is watching.

In the interest of complete truthfulness I have to add that I then ran out of bobbin thread and when I changed it, I muffed catching the tension spring on the bobbin and had eyelashes like RuPaul's and had to (for the first time ever, how's that for irony, lol) tear out a couple of square's of quilting. So, c'est la vie, baby, life goes on. Can't wait to finish the quilting and show it to y'all!