View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 AM
Iceblossom

[QUOTE=Battle Axe;8322650I've been slaving over this twinned border. Everyone has tried to help and I have tried all their suggestions. I discover now that I had used the wrong needle position, should have been the middle one. [/QUOTE]

Yikes! That would make quite the difference over the length of that border.

I'm having troubles with the Bernina 820, it was a dud of a machine with many lemons that Bernina refuses to fix or acknowledge other than taking this machine out of its lineup -- it's like Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes "I know nothing!". So far, this one has been working but fussy, but some sort of issue has arisen with the thread sensor. I've tried all the fixes. I've tried resetting to default. I've tried different threads although it worked just fine the day before (and for days before that without a single issue). I know some people have to take the front panel off of their models, but this isn't exactly that problem.

So now it only sews about 8 stitches with perfect tension (not the nesting issue) and then stops and I have to hit an X and it goes on for another 8 stitches, stops, repeat. I have a sample sewn with three different top threads and two different bobbins, showing exactly where the stops happen.

I'm going to go down to the shop today, it's not my favorite shop anyway because of the snobby factor, maybe they will treat me better with a Bernina, but I'm expecting a "oh we'll give you a wonderful trade in value on our overpriced machines that we could obviously sell at that discount without a trade in" and a $300+ servicing where they remove some thread that I can't get to and tell me the problem is solved.

Of course I'm also dealing with a water heater having issues and a car with issues.

But it's a guess it's a good thing when a bottom of the line Brother can out perform a top of the line Bernina. Like "done beats perfect", working beats non-working every day of the week.