View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 09:12 AM
KalamaQuilts

great insight from everyone, just what I count on here.
We currently have a double sink, as have all three of our homes.
~I hand wash all my pots and big bowls, so one for wash, one for draining, haven't got enough counter space for a drain rack or undersink space to store one.
~I prewash all my fabric, one for swishing in hot water, one side to wring out and pile in
~When canning, one sink to pour blanching water in while the other sink holds the ready ice water.
~One sink to tend my business while Rob washes his hands in the other...why does he always want to do that?
~For big meals, one sink of hot soapy water to keep up with the mess, one to drain in. I love to finish a big meal and have nothing left to do but put the dishes and cutlery into the dishwasher.

I'm actually perfectly happy with the 40 year old porcelain double sink there now, Rob is desiring the new, unusual for him. A good battle to let him win.
I was also happy with the stainless steel sinks from the last two houses, but he wants porcelain, another good battle to let him win. Either will look used in a week, just like a new blouse is just another piece of clothes in an already overcrowded closet after it is worn once.

thank you again, any other chime in would be welcome!