Thread: Where are they?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Jaiade

Many years ago in my early quilting life I thought I wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt. I bought Quilting from the Heartland's templates large and small and one called Speedy Cut for the DWR. Move forward to about 1 year ago and I found a box of templates for rotary cutter and a few magazines. I went though them and the bug began nibbling again to make a DWR. I decided to see what fabrics I had in some shoe boxes that were set aside for particular patterns and maybe use them for something else. Now I will say here that I have never made a DWR quilt. I own one that my mother made for me but I've never made one(and have three different sets of templates).
Now this box of templates sat until I decided what to do with them. And sat, and sat....... I did cut some arcs (the whole not the pieced) back when I got the Heartland templates. They sat, and sat, and are still sitting. The only thing I can think of is that I heard about the difficulty of making this quilt. Back to the shoe boxes. I found in a blue hinged box the makings for a blue DWR. Pieced arcs, a few melons and three large centers(don't know what they're called) already pieced with the melons and arcs. This board gets the credit for sparking my interest in DWR's again(Myert, etc.) so I decided to work on it some more. I didn't remember it until I saw it again. Soooo..... I finished sewing all the arcs that I could until I realized I needed the end pieces to finish over 40 arcs.
Now all the templates are still sitting and waiting in their packaging and some in ziploc bags with their packaging.
I didn't know which pattern I used. But I was thinking it was Heartland. No, it was Speedy Cut which was one piece with different markings for the different parts. And you guessed it, that is no longer in there. Everything is except the template. I distinctly remember it being there when I first rediscovered this box but not now. I've looked through the box 3 times and have finally taken all the templates and put them in their new home in an office file rack, easily accessible. All the ideas suggested above I have thought about except buying another one. I don't think they're sold any more. My next step, since I started and want to finish it, is to take an end piece and make a template and cut about 80 pieces (blue scrappy), which I don't want to do, but It's been a week of searching without any positive results.
If I wasn't trying to clear out some things, I'd put it back in the box for another 20+ years!