Old 11-05-2019, 11:20 AM
ttatummm

Default Pfaff 130-6 Advice for resources and parts

A few days ago, I brought home this lovely Pfaff 130-6 in a nice cabinet with the original tin of attachments.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619311[/ATTACH]

The machine is in pretty good shape, every things moves freely, timing belt is in good shape. There is some crazing and a bit of bubbling in the clear coat on part of the bed and around the spool pins. I haven’t tested to see if the clear coat is shellac, if it is, I’ll try Glenn’s method to restore it. The decals are near perfect. The power cord is just starting to crack and the same with the wires to the motor. But, not so bad that I was afraid to test the motor for a few seconds. The motor definitely runs slow, so this is the first project.

I have a Necchi BU and couple of vintage Singers (201, 221, 99, 401A, 185J) and I’ve always worked on them myself. Honestly they are too precious to me to trust them to someone else and if I had to pay someone else to work on them I would have fewer sewing machines. With the Singers it is pretty easy, there is so much information on the web. Seems like there is a tutorial on pretty much anything you would want to know. I have spent hours googling the Pfaff 130 and haven’t found much more than folks showing off their machines. Not that I don’t love looking at pretty machines, but I was hoping to find a tutorial on rebuilding the motor. I know that sewing machine motors are all very similar and I probably don’t need Pfaff 130 motor specific instructions, but it would give a bit more confidence to be able to see the process with my exact motor. I can’t even find anyone selling carbon brushes that they say will fit the 130 or any information on what size they are. I guess this is my long winded way of asking if folks have any recommendations for vintage Pfaff resources (instructional and purchasing parts).

Thanks,
Tammy

P.S. I have tried to contact the Old Pfaff Pforum, but with Yahoo groups closing down they are probably too busy to deal with new folks that want to join. Does anyone know if they are moving to a different platform?
Attached Thumbnails pfaffjasper.jpg   pfaffjasper1.jpg