Thread: Quilted Jacket
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Quilter 53

I was gifted the pieces to finish up a quilted jacket. The original owner must have outlined her jacket pattern on her material and then quilted the material to the batting before cutting it out. Lining was separate. The quilting pattern was really lined up well because the front edges and bottom hem area and the bottom of the sleeves have a 1 1/2 inch wide tight bubble pattern and the rest has a loop de loop pattern. When stitched together all of the quilting lines will match up. However, the difficulty started when she tried to add inset pockets and cut out the pocket opening before stitching the binding and inner pocket. What is that kind of pocket called? Anyway, it was given to me and I was hoping I could figure it out, but the opening that was cut is way too big and I can't come up with a solution yet. It is sitting in the bottom of my "to be sewn" costume pile waiting for inspiration.
I'll see if I can get a picture later today. It really would have made a great jacket for someone.