Old 11-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Iceblossom

Well today I've been dealing with problems and it will be nice to deal with quilting instead. One of the (many) problems is my fancy sewing computer needs to go to the shop, so I plugged in my cheap Brother and am ready to sew!

I have a project I'm working on that doesn't have a name yet, last week I was calling it "cherry goose". It's a lap/crib size that will be for donation and I will make it today's goal to have a picture of it tomorrow.

I'll also be doing some fabric dying. I was lucky enough to find a lovely bag of hand dyed fabrics at the thrift store in the last couple of weeks and the colors are actually quite good for the Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery, except not enough pale/neutral. I decided to change it to yellow and I'll have to dye process a couple of yards of those this weekend. I have pure white in my stash and I went to Joann for Rit Dye and the Dollar Store for some other supplies and I am ready to dip and boil. Yesterday I did some bleach and tea dye processes on the solid green I'm using.

If that isn't enough, I have the hand sewing part of the binding for another donation top. I am soooo slow at handwork and one weekend isn't enough for me to get it done -- especially when there are more fun things to do.