Old 11-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Betty J

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
Betty J you always make such beautiful ornaments. I'm just starting mine today. I have done a practice one, now to do another. It is so HOT today, 40C and proper summer is not here yet. Having a sewing room in the cellar is great tho
Thank you, Marion, Yes it is a scorcher over here also. The hot dry wind has really kicked into action, I feel that the trees are starting to defoliate. Apparently we have over 60 fires over here in NSW, extending from the Mid north coast to Queensland. We have had thick smoke haze here for days. Thankfully we are not in a bush fire area here but there is long dry grass on the neighboring property across the highway from us, wouldn't like to put a match in that! We have had no rain to speak of since June this year. We are still existing on rain water and we do have a bore as back up, so we are better off than most, but we are having to conserve the rain water. I hope you are faring okay over there in the west. Fortunately we do have air con which we have put on this week also.