Old 11-08-2019, 05:33 AM
juliasb

Default Quilt disaster on newly finished baby quilt

I am just about to tears and could not wait until morning to get started on trying to fix a disaster. I thought I would be posting a beautiful picture of my newly finished and washed baby quilt for a baby coming in December. I am afraid without help it is not going to happen. I bought the supporting fabric from a reputable fabric company just recently.(I won't say who here). I have been working on this quilt day in and out for weeks. I put the finished quilt in the wash (gentle) and the fabric fell apart in several places. I somehow have to fix these places but I am afraid it will diminish from the look of the finished quilt. And of course I have no way of knowing how well the quilt will hold up for the future if it is starting out like this I have never had this happen in my lifetime where the fabric just fell apart and new fabric at that.
Here is the finished quilt and a few of the dozen or so places where it fell apart. Or is my only option to just start over the baby is due around Christmas.

Never in my life have I had this happen.
Attached Thumbnails img_0821.jpg   img_0822.jpg   img_0823.jpg   img_0825.jpg