View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Iceblossom

Boy, life has been handing me a whole lot of challenges and obstacles but here and there I've been working away at this project. I've made some blocks to show but I have a lot of the goose units to still make.

One thing I looked at early on was to point the geese to the middle, that is two each going from wide at the edges to the center point. Rather liked that but decided to go with more movement. There are still a couple of options I have in terms of turning the blocks, but I think this was what the original design used (haven't been back to check).

I'm using 8" blocks with alternate blocks, it is easier to do it with the triangles on the corners, but that cherry print is just too big. As I've drawn it out with a 6" border, it will finish about 57x80". I do have electric quilt but the computer is not on the network and I can't print from there, so also included is my working diagram (what I use for a pattern) to show the layout.

Edit: looking at my layout and my diagram looks like I should have the checkered corners (what I call white) and not the cherry. I've used up all of the red pin dots for the geese (I can still make 4 more sets to use in the border) as well as all of the black background for them. I have plenty of the white with red dot, cherry, and checkered for the border and maybe enough cherry for the back even but I haven't decided exactly what I'm doing yet. An extra couple of inches in the border would make this a nice twin size.
Attached Thumbnails 100_5344.jpg   cherry-goose-worksheet.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 11-08-2019 at 08:10 AM.