Old 11-10-2019, 01:43 PM
JustAbitCrazy

Default Is there a name for quilts which are cut into sections

Is there a name for quilts which are cut into sections and each section is completed by a different quilter before being put together? I am being encouraged to take the Program Coordinator position in my guild for next year, and I'd like to do this as a group project, but I am not finding any patterns specifically for this online. Nor can I find a name for it. So...I drafted out a pattern for fusible applique from a public domain photo I found, and I think I drew a good pattern, but....I have never even done a fusible applique myself, nor have I ever drafted a pattern for one, so I am not confident and I surely don't want to lead my friends down a path to failure with this, lol.

The only commercial patterns I have found on the internet which could work for this are those by Toni Whitney, but I think there are too many pieces to her patterns for them to be used as a learning pattern. We have many younger and beginner quilters in our group now, plus senior members who just have never done this. If you have completed any of Toni Whitney's patterns I'd love to hear your thoughts. Also, if you think any of her patterns are a "beginner" fusible applique pattern, please let me know which one.

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom!