Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 PM
givio

:-) Yep! If you looked at Bonnie Hunter's blog today, you would see me in a couple of the pictures. Battle Axe, SuzieSews, Kp3690, and I were all at the Smith Mountain Morning class. Battle Axe sat to the left of me at the retreat, but the young girls arrived earlier and had set up their machines at other tables. My sister didn't take the class, but she came in the room and took pictures for me near the end. She waited in the hotel for the class to finish and helped me pack up my stuff-- we had her sewing machine, mine, and Battle Axe's on the hotel rolling cart, along with fabric, tools, etc.

The story Bonnie wrote about the sewing machine that stopped working and the trip to a local thrift shop was told about me and my sister. Not quite accurate how she told it, but we didn't go into details about what had happened when she came around to my table and we talked about it-- she used her imagination somewhat. :-) The Singer with the $10 price tag on it was a picture of me sewing my alternate log block. My sister bought it at the thrift store the day before, and we had no idea that my own machine would stop working the next day. My star blocks are black and light green stars, where I emphasized the center pinwheel by the color and layout of the star points, and they have a yellow background. I didn't sew them with my sister's machine like BH seemed to indicate in her blog. I made them at home before I went. I only worked on the alternate log blocks at the retreat. I'm sewing them in blue and red. I learned a couple good tips from BH at the class.

But I liked the weekend the most because of fun with Battle Axe, the young girls, and of course the time with my sister. My sister went to the lecture with Battle Axe and I on Friday night. BH brought lots of her quilts that are pictured in her books. My sister didn't know who BH was, and thought she was an entertaining speaker and the ticket price was worth it. We enjoyed the evening. It looked like about 200 people attended the trunk show. Afterwards there was open show and tell. Battle Axe brought 2 SMMs to show. And she also had made one earlier in the year that she had sold. So the class SMM was her fourth! :-)