View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:33 AM
Pagzz

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
Being part of a mystery and working within the planned color way is a great opportunity to learn new techniques and colors you may not ordinarily use. It can certainly get you out of your color rut! The quilt once completely may be used as a donation quilt if you really don't like it once completed. I've done several. Some I liked and some I didn't but still am happy I joined in for the mystery.
I agree. Following along BH's blog where most Mondays after the clue comes out on Friday she lets people link up their blogs or instagram to show their progress is fun. I learn a lot from this forum also as I see how others are tackling the color choices and piecing.

Bonnie's instructions are usually make 100 HSTs etc...at the end you see how it goes together. It is fun to see people guessing and looking at other ways the components can go together.

My preference when making quilts is to do a block at a time...but I make an exception for Bonnie. The quilts are usually spectacular and all the work shows. I tend to do just the mystery for my one intense piecing quilt per year and the rest of the year I focus on art quilts or more simple piecing.

This year I am only making half the components because I think I just want a smaller quilt.