Old 11-14-2019, 08:02 AM
klswift

Yes, life would be a whole lot easier if you can find a walking foot that will fit the machine - but, it is still workable. Since it is your first, I would suggest that instead of pinning, you spray baste it. Lay the backing down, lightly spray it and then from the center, lay the batting on top. Then repeat with the top. It seems like too much, but for your first time , it could really help. Then remember to only sew the area your hands can hold, then stop, reposition your hands and sew a bit more - repeat, repeat, repeat. Also, try a very simple quilting, perhaps just a diagonal starting from center out, turn around and go from center out. If necessary, then you can do the other diagonal. Don't get too worried about doing too much quilting. This is your first, do enough to hold it and then pat yourself on the back for making it!!! With each one, you will get more confident and try new things. A sign I keep up at all my classes is the saying 'Perfection is the enemy of Creativity' and it is so very true. We are so much harder on ourselves than any person receiving your handmade gift.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-14-2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps