View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 11:29 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Other than backfilling colors needed and a couple of kits, moving mid-year and limited sewing helped me stay focused. I took the time out to kit up projects for next year so I think I'm good for next year, too. I may have fallen a couple of times due to "oh...isn't that pretty" syndrome but not too bad and not a lot of yardage either.

Conchalea...thank you for hosting and, if you are up for it, it's appreciated that you are offering to lead our way next year. Hope you are on the mend...

gran...caught myself the same head cold and it was the day the movers showed up with our stuff. Ugh! By the end of the day, I could care less where they put anything. Lol... Not fun...feel better soon.
Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
We're approaching the end of this year's moratorium. I wasn't always successful, but I did purchase only for specific projects. Unlike Oksew, I didnt keep a tally for fabric in & out. I don't think of it until I finish a quilt, & it's too hard to be exact after the fact. I have made several quilts this year, so I feel successful in that aspect. Unless someone else really wants to host the moratorium for next year, I'll continue in the role if that suits everyone.
I have cut most of my Solstice fabric for the quilt I'm planning. I've only sewn 2 blocks though, because a severe sinus infection had me down & out for an entire week. I hope to get back into it this weekend.
Your offer is most appreciated. I will be joining again next year with the hopes of doing way better on the buying home front. While I did okay, and made much less purchases this year. I still need to work harder on the impulse buying. I truly need to use up way more then what I have this year. I have so many plans for new and UFO finishes next year using as much stash as I can. So thank you for offering to lead us again.

The support here has been wonderful. And, I have appreciated the humor with the falls off the "fabric" cart.