View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:05 AM
Donna Klinger

Default Backup machine/Pfaff/Babylock

Yesterday I contacted a dealer going out of business and went in to look at a refurbished Pfaff 6091 that has a built in walking foot. I was told this machine was about 20 years old. I've been told many times older machines are built better than newer ones. A somewhat long story but didn't buy it because of tension between the owner and son working there and the three price quotes I received over phone and in person. Phone price was $200 from owner, in person son said $150,00 and then owner said $225.00. I started feeling very uncomfortable and left without buying machine. I did feel it was a good machine but wondered about service later on. I then drove to the Babylock dealer that has my new Jazz II in for service to inquire on it. Parts have been ordered and I hope to have it back in a week. While there I looked at the Brother Simplicity on sale for $239 and it seemed to be a nice machine with lots of pretty built in stitches. My husband would have bought it for me for Christmas but I didn't want to wait. I ended up buying a new Babylock Zest for $99, which is a very basic machine but small and lightweight and seems to be perfect for piecing, which is what I mainly do. I wanted to sew this weekend and did some last night and I think this $99 purchase was worth it. I did buy a 1/4" foot to go with it. So now I have a simple, small backup machine to use when I need it and at a very reasonable price. I'm happy.