View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 07:46 PM
wesing

Default Emmaline's Christmas quilt

This one has a long story. In summer 2012, before we had a clue we were to become parents in a few short months, we ordered a group of fabrics from Connecting Threads called Technicolor Tidings. We loved the mid-century designs and colors, and thought they would make great personal quilts for us. We picked a pattern and ordered enough fabric for two quilts: tops, backings and bindings. They would be the same, except mine would have green borders, backing and binding, and Kim's would have pink.

Fast forward to October. Out of the blue, we were contacted by a woman who was expecting and wanted us to adopt her baby. Our daughter was born in January.

Needless to say, our free time dried up for a while. We didn't make near as many quilts as we were planning to make, but life has been a joy with our Emmaline. Last year, we were digging through our stash and Emmaline saw these fabrics and loved them. We decided instead of making two twin quilts we could make one oversized queen and Emmaline could use it for a bedspread during Christmas. We got the top done, but other projects got in the way. Is also stalled on the quilting because I didn't want to do a panto, but I couldn't decide what to do. If the quilt looks familiar it's because I posted some pics asking for quilting suggestions. I got some good ones and use s some of the. This quilt has been on the frame for literally months. I just finished the binding tonight.

I found the Connecting Threads catalog we ordered the fabrics from. Check out the prices!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619838[/ATTACH]

This is the pattern we used.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619839[/ATTACH]

Here is the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619840[/ATTACH]

And the front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619841[/ATTACH]

Close ups of some of the quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619842[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619843[/ATTACH]

I have one bad mistake. I tried to quilt through paper and transferred sharpie into the quilt to when I pulled off the paper. Any suggestions on how to get it out?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619844[/ATTACH]

Binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619845[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking

Darren
Attached Thumbnails img_1204.jpg   img_1199.jpg   img_1200.jpg   img_1194.jpg   img_1196.jpg  

img_1198.jpg   img_1203.jpg   image.jpg