View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 04:55 PM
Iceblossom

I always seem to be making 2.5" strips and love my long ruler, I think it is 2.5x18" but it has been hiding for about 2 months now and I think I'm going to be replacing it at the sew expo thing coming up shortly. That means, of course that I will immediately find it as soon as I get home and that's ok. Would be happy to have two!

Because of a discussion here on the boards when I saw an old school textured ruler at the thrift store, I snapped it up and it very quickly became my go to 6.5x24" ruler. I didn't really like them when they first came out but now I love them and I'm replacing my current slippery rulers with textured ones. I tried various things through the years, the little sandpaper dots didn't do much for me, nor the tape or spray, but the ones made with texture are pretty much all great. I did pick up some rubber cement that I'm going to try on my ruler next time a good project comes up, also got that idea from these boards and I can see where I could make good use of it. You can precisely position just a part of a ruler to stick for example, and then when you are done with that project you just rub it back off. Genius if it works!