View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Adelaide Girl

Thank you to all. The little pocket is like an envelope, it opens up and I have written my label inside. I saw this on, I think it was the Dread Pirate Rodgers site, and thought what a nifty idea.

I have ordered from quite a few sites: fabric.com; fabricdepot.com; hancocks of paducah; soft expressions; quilthome.com; gloriouscolor.com and equilter.com. They all have provided excellent fabric, great prices, great selection and great service. The only problem with some, is the cost of postage. Quilthome offers a flat maximum rate, tho' they don't have the selection of some of the other sites. While the Australian dollar is strong, I will continue to buy fabrics from these and any other sites I find that ship international. I regret not being able to support the local quilt shops, but, when I can buy Kaffe Fassett fabrics for the equivalent of about $12/m Australian, and then here the same fabric is $22+/m, it is a no-brainer. Plus, the threads and rulers etc are so much cheaper in the States. I have got up quite a large selection. Luckily, my family, and especially my husband (Bob) is very supportive, tho' my youngest just rolls her eyes (LOL).

I am on the look out for an online site that sells Aboriginal fabrics. Funny, I can buy them cheaper in the States and not on my own doorstep! Go figure.

I am in the death throes of tidying my s-room!! Wow, I will actually be able to move in there LOL.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Kind regards, Dianne