View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:39 AM
Tish05

Default Turtle Panel Quilt Complete

This is the first of two quilts I'm completing for my brother and SIL for their granddaughters who live in Newfoundland for their Christmas presents. I need to have them both completed by around the end of November to allow for shipping time, and I think I'm on track!

This one is for the 13 yo who loves turtles. My SIL chose the panel, and left me to do whatever I wanted with it. This is my 4th quilt, the 3rd that I've done FMQ on so I'm pretty happy with it. I may go back and add a bit more quilting in some areas if time permits. The quilt is queen sized at 85.5" X 103" with Hobbs 80/20 batting and celery coloured fireside fleece for backing. For the quilting patterns in the blocks around the sides I searched out pictures of different types of sea shells and made templates. I added some shells and starfish on the "ground" portion of the panel and a jellyfish by the smaller turtle. The quilt is hanging sideways from my quilt rail for the back view so it doesn't hit the floor so it makes it look a bit distorted.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails img_5834-1.jpg   img_5788-1.jpg   img_5815-1.jpg   img_5819-1.jpg   img_5828-1.jpg  

img_5825-1.jpg   img_5805-1.jpg