View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 07:44 AM
Sharon5012

I have learned to closely guard my sewing time. If anyone other than my DH/mother/sister (and one other woman friend who I need to do for occasionally for other reasons) asks me about sewing something, I decline even if it is awkward to do so. Even if it embarrasses me momentarily.

I have explained to co-workers, neighbors, and friends that my sewing is for stress relief and play time only, and that only certain projects are restful to me. They might find that strange, but I work long, stressful hours, and I can't let other people's stuff intrude on the only quiet, peaceful time that I have. I am very happy to buy them a quilt if they are in need.

Some gifts I make, but only if it is a project and fabrics that I am excited to work on. If not, I buy something appropriate instead. I could enjoy working on baby quilts in the newer color combos mentioned above. But if Mom-to-be wants an NFL team print on the quilt, or pretty much any commercial theme like that, I will order it ready made to please her. But not in my sewing room, lol.