View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Izy
Tirhni - well I broaden my horizons, and learnt a whole lot more about Hong Kong - Oh I wish I was going!! If you like Singapore you are just gonna luuuuuuuvvvvve Hong Kong!!

Here are some websites with lots of good general/shopping information:-

www.placesinfo.com/hongkong_shopping.html
www.discoverhongkong.com - this is the tourist board site
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Hong_Kong

On Wikipedia, if you look on the left, I think the link is 'where to shop' click on there, you will see all the different areas mentioned and what they particularly sell there. It mentions Sheung Wan in the Western District - sounds good fun!!

Am I tempting you to go now?????? :D :D
I'm here! Just had to go MIA for a bit. Had the Submarine Birthday Ball last night and stayed down at the hotel where it was at. Had a good time and was the "Talk of the Dresses" with my Hawaiian Formal Muu-Muu. The people who worked there, were making nice comments about the gowns the ladies were wearing, but when they saw me in mine...oh my! They were amazed. They couldn't believe someone would wear a "local" dress. I love my muu-muu. http://www.mamohowell.com/proddetail.cfm?CFID=6309197&CFTOKEN=44247680&ItemID=803&CategoryID=4
Mine is a teal color, but with the same design and has a small train to the back of it. Even the ladies there were loving my dress. They wanted to know where I got it from. Told them to take a trip to Hawaii. lol

But anyway....thanks for the info.
Oh, I know about the viruses...have gotten a few sites I went to for quilting and these pop ups came up, but my virus protector zapped them for me.