View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Quiltah Mama

I grew up with my mom always sewing, she sewed lots of special things for me as I grew up. When I was in high school she had her own leather clothing business, along with mending and repairing leather items for people. My maternal grandmother had a crafting business which included sewn items. So the creative bug comes to me through genetics. I have done lots of different crafty things, from henna tattooing as a business, dried floral wreaths and arrangements, crotcheting, etc.... to special dresses for my daughter when she was a toddler, all without a pattern, but all involved my creative bug. My first sewing machine was a dressmaker that I bought at our local thrift shop for $3, I still have and still use it for certain projects. My creative bug evolved into quilting and I soon became addicted, there are so many different creative aspects of it, from finding a pattern to picking the fabrics for it, to the quilting of it once sandwhiched. And as you know there are so many skills and different techniques that can be done with the end result becoming a quilt. Quilt shows offer many other options to try that aren't a quilt, but do involve sewing and being creative. With a passion to create and share my creations, I see sewing and quilting for many years to come.