Old 11-21-2019, 07:53 PM
TeresaA

Thanks for the idea, Sharon! I actually broke down and talked to two dealers. One offered me a super good price on a new 6700, but I walked away because they were too far away to really give me the "local dealer" benefit. They also overstated Janome's warranty (which I knew in advance wasn't true) and couldn't put their own warranty in writing, said it was 3 years, but couldn't say on what. Then I visited a more local Janome dealership, actually told them about the offer, they offered me the same price, but I ended up walking away from them too because the floor machine was super finicky while I was there. And I also found that the Accufeed doesn't work well for my piecing style.

So......

I learned that the "wobbliness" of my 1/4 inch clear sewing foot ISN'T normal and it's because it sits looser than normal in the ankle. I'm going to call Janome tomorrow and see if they'll send me a new shank/foot holder/ankle (depending on which terminology you like). If they won't readily do so, I'll talk to Costco about getting a replacement 6650 machine.

But meanwhile, I bought an amazing ruler set at the local sewing machine place. AH-MAYZING. And had so much fun with the new machine when I got home. I may end up relegating this machine to a FMQ-only machine, but it will be the bestest FMQ machine ! And honestly, I prefer red to beige anyway.

Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-22-2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps