View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Jingle
Power Poster

I had my Mom show me how to make a quilt top. I made a quilt for my first Daughter in 1966 or 1967. I have no idea what happened to it. Mom had never made an actual quilt. with five kids to raise alone and not enough time or space. I didn't know anything about tying or quilting it probably fell apart at first washing. I didn't attempt any more for several years. I finally found quilter's newsletter and they talked about making quilts and had some patterns. In the early 70's. I made some, I had been sewing clothes,pjs,some of my clothes, curtains, etc. I hand quilted 25 quilts. After our last grandson was born in 2002 I discovered rotary cutters,rulers and machine quilting. I bought quilting books and taught myself with their information how to actually make quilts.

All my kids, grandkids, great grandkids have several quilts, friends and tons of people I don't know have quilts I made. The last 3 or 4 years I make quilts for fosterkids in my county. I donated about30 to a local food pantry. I have probably made 400 - 500 quilts all total. Since I give them away I don't keep track of them. I have 5 or 6 for our bed.
My oldest granddaughter calls me a quilting machine. My oldest Daughter quilts, etc. too. A younger daughter (mother to oldest granddaughter) had other interests.

Last edited by Jingle; 11-22-2019 at 07:15 PM.