View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 06:00 AM
mermaid

Originally Posted by gigigray032447 View Post
Just had my Nolting with Cruise Control serviced in house. The cord that goes from the machine to the encoders was bad. It caused the same bad stitches I see in your post. Mike with Memory Lane Quilting also replaced the encoders. The first generation Cruise Control regulators are nearing the end of their lifespan I fear. When this fix ends, I plan to upgrade.
igi...I am so very happy for you, that your QCC is back in service. I've tried everything the 'support' people have suggested and ordered new "O" rings. When they arrive, will see if that helps. I have no idea what generation my unit is, as I bought it from a friend's estate last Fall. The wiring to the encoders looks okay, but what do I know? I made a miracle a few wks ago when I replaced 'innards' in a toilet tank, but elect scares me a bit. Unfortunately, there are no house calls her, nor any repair persons other than a couple of guys that service vintage machines. But I have other problems that are more urgent right now--taking care of an ill husband.