Old 11-25-2019, 06:35 PM
platyhiker

Default Deb Tucker's Magic Wand - Do you like it? What color?

I've started on a project that involves a lot of half square triangles. I like using the method of marking a grid of larger squares and sewing two seams, each 1/4" from the diagonal line of each square, and then cutting on the diagonal line to get two HSTs. I like actually marking the sewing lines (rather than marking the center line and eye-balling the where the sewing line should be). Deb Tucker has a product called a Magic Wand designed to make it faster and easier to mark these sewing lines. I was curious if any one has tried using one these, and if so, did you you find it helpful, or disappointing? For anybody who does like it, what color did you use and did you think that was the best color choice?

For my project, I'm marking my sewing lines on light gray (solid) fabric. Based on the pictures, I suspect that lime, beige or yellow would all work well for that. Thinking ahead for potential future use, I am very fond of blue fabrics, so I would prefer to avoid getting a tool that not work well with blue fabric.

Thanks so much for your help and advice!