View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 07:28 AM
Quilter 53

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
It was super fun to do! I took yardage of the backing, layered the batting (I used flannel). then on top of that I put yardage of the one of the turquoise polka dots, on top of that is the yardage of the other turquoise polka dots. Finally, on top of all that, I put the gray yardage. so, basically it's a big quilt sandwich with three "tops". the tops are straight from the bolt, nothing cut up or anything, just full pieces of fabric.

I put the whole sandwich on my long arm (you could baste and put on your domestic, too) and quilted the squiggly lines and the elephant outline. The yellow parts are raw edge appliqued on at the end. Once removed from the long arm, I just cut away certain layers, sometimes one layer, sometimes two layers, and of course did not cut away anywhere where you still see the gray.

No piecing! that was the fun part. :-)

Thanks so much for the explanation. That is a new one for me, maybe I should get out more. LOL
I really like your quilt and the process looks like fun. I think my next "applique" quilt will be done this way.