Old 11-26-2019, 08:57 AM
mjpEncinitas

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
I have learned not to stress over should I or shouldn't I when the decision is not life changing. Guilt over having something I want and able to get it is silly.
Well it certainly isn’t a life changing decision but for our family it is a big $ decision. I always enjoy these decisions more if I spend some time researching and making a pros and cons list. Once I’ve done this I’m almost always satisfied with the decision, be it a car, a solar system, longarm. I know what the advantages and more importantly disadvantages are. When the disadvantages show up I’m prepared for them and not disappointed. Also it’s fun learning about new things.

Since we retired and decided to stay in our house, we’ve had to make a lot of these big ticket ( for us) decisions. Our windows were very overdue for replacement ( some wouldn’t open) , the car had 200000 miles on it, solar panels were purchased, we wanted to do a ‘big’ vacation. All these took a lot of time. I’m glad I’m done for now. I actually found planning for vacations was very very fun. We never plan day to day, just generalities for that.