View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 06:40 AM
sewingpup

oh gosh! that can very so much depending on what type of quilting you like to do. I do have some little kits I picked up for like table runners, bags, etc. but I have found out that I love scrap quilting and like to make quilts for actual use in sizes from baby to king sized. So, I have several bins of scraps that I toss anything left over from another project into even the "strings" as long as they are at least 1 inch wide and about 6 inches long...I started with one bin...but that has increased to well...a lot. Books and magazines for ideas....put stitcky notes on pages that grabbed my attention, have lots of thread on hand ...I use mostly creams and greys for piecing, extra batting in different thickness and content, some iron on paper...make sure it is OK for stitching on, they make some heavy stuff that gums up your needle if you like to applique...there is just so much more depending on what you like....I really would just pick up a couple of magazines or books and pick out 3-4 projects that look like fun, get the supplies for them and have a hand....in a bit...you will find what you really enjoy doing and can get more to have at hand. go slow though....I have way to much stash on hand including threads and battings....I would recommend though that you hang on to your scraps...if you find you don't like scrap quilting...there will be others who will love your scraps....have fun!!!