View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 07:52 AM
bkay

Default Bernina 530? record

There is a Bernina Record sewing machine for sale on a local online auction. After looking at images on the net, it appears to be a 530 (the one photo is showing only the back of the machine). You can see the case below and it appears to be worn, but it's there. It seems to have one of those knee levers like the little Elna.

I read that they have plastic gears. It seems as if there might be a problem with them, or it may just be the 730 and 930 Records, since they had a recall on the gears. The one review I've found so far, said to look at them and make sure they are white, not black (and "don't mistake the black gears for metal").

Is anyone familiar with this machine and know about the gears and where they might be or how to get to them? Is there anything else I might need to know? I am going to look at the machine. I would think the having the feet as accessories (there is no foot on the machine in the photo) would be a big deal, given the usual cost of Bernina feet.

bkay

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-28-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link