View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 08:05 AM
Iceblossom

I'm staying home today, a tradition I started when my son was young. Thanksgiving was a big holiday for his dad and doesn't mean much to me, so no need to switch holidays, he could bring the son to his mom and I would stay home and be thankful for quiet, peace and bubble baths.

My hubby is going to the family gathering, he's keto. My son and DDiL will also be there, they are vegan and I will miss seeing the grandbundle Leon, almost 2 months old now. I made a green bean casserole with fresh green beans, fresh mushroom and a vegan friendly sauce which is suitable for both keto and vegan. He's also bringing an assortment of fancy olives, again both keto and vegan suitable snacks. Right now I'm waiting for the hubby to leave, he goes early to watch the football game (go Lions!) and then I'm going to start sewing.

I've had a number of issues in the last couple of weeks, but my hot water tank has been replaced, my car is back and actually came in under estimate even if it was in the shop over two weeks. Anyway, I'm behind my self-imposed schedule on the next/current project which still doesn't have a real name. I think I'm going with "Cherry Goose". The blocks are made with flying geese units and all the fabrics have cherries on them except for the red pin dot. My hubby has a bowling league and usually once a month or so I go with him and work on something in the background. While I was pinning the flying geese units Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody came on and suddenly I was head banging along to "Scaramouche Scarmouche can you do the fandango?" which I turned into "cherry goose cherry goose can you make the triangle". (thunder bolts and lightening very very frightening me...)

So, the plan for today is to take some progress photos, finish the last couple of blocks (need them unfinished for some of the photos) and the top put together. Doable.

Tomorrow I am ready for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, one of the many reasons I'm behind on the Cherry Goose. I found a huge beautiful bag of home dyed fabrics at the thrift store. Unfortunately, although I believe the dyer probably pre-treated the fabric well, and then starched the pieces before pressing, they did not set the dyes properly afterward. While I've been home without a car I've been boiling them to stabilize them, as the hubby said "nothing says coming home like the smell of boiling vinegar". I always enjoy the people who go completely off course with colors or fabrics in mystery project, this year I get to be one of them. Worst thing that happens is I end up with a donation top and someone keeps warm, but it is always fun to do a project like this.