View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 05:55 PM
donna13350

There is no "proper" thread tension for a machine, the same machine with the same thread can have different tension settings. You need to experiment with your machine and thread on a practice sandwhich till you get good results. I do this before each project.
Thread tension has nothing to do with your fabric being tiring to move around..(unless your tension is extremely tight)..but then you;d be complaining about broken thread, or fabric bunching..so no.
Are you using a hopping foot or a regular foot? If a regular foot I suspect that your presser bar is set too low, making it hard to move the fabric. Look in your owners manual about how to loosen the presser bar..this will raise your foot slightly, making it easier to move the fabric. A very general rule of thumb for FMQ is with the foot in it's lowest position, it should just hover barely above the fabric.
Is your quilt getting caught on the edge of your table making a lot of drag on it? Is it falling off the table? Drag.
Don't get frustrated, you can do this! Try what I suggested, then let us know how it goes..many good people on this board to help you. Welcome to the board!