View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 06:12 AM
Still Sew N

My first serger was a New Home (now called Janome). She is close to 30 years old and I have used the heck out of it and still going strong. It is so nice to have seams finished, the fraying issues are gone and the item looks finished. Great machine and I still use it a lot. I recently purchased a Janome Air Thread and that is a dream machine as well. A push of a button and the loopers are threaded. Years ago, I took a class and was introduced to all kinds of tricks these amazing machines can do. You can make the nicest rolled hems and napkins and tablecloths are a dream to make and go together quickly. I make a lot of my daughter's scrub tops and all seams are finished and these tops literally wear like iron. I make pajamas for all my family members. From cut out to wearing, using a serger, I can make a pair in 18 minutes. I'm sure I'm not using my machines in a 100% capacity but I sure love the results I get and can't imagine living without them! I would encourage you to go to a sewing machine store and get some hands on. Maybe even take a class using one of their machines. They are fast, wonderful machines and you will be excited with the results you get.