Thread: New endeavour
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 11:28 AM
grmamrtha1

I need to add my 2 cents........about 25 years ago, my husband and I went to Shipshewanna, and I saw the TATW quilt on the wall at whatever store I was in(memory doesn't let me remember specifics), and I said I wanted to learn to make it. so, purhased the book.........looked at it.........let it sit for about 15 years. I purchased fabrics for it finally, because we purchased a king sized bed.......yay me........I'm gonna make THAT quilt. So started my quilting world.....I did all the cutting and measuring just like the book said, and then I !!!! Now what??? A couple of years later,a friend invited me to Shipshewanna for a quilt retreat, and strongly encouraged me to bring all of my pieces with me to finally complete the quilt. I did so, and whilst assembling the four quadrants of the quilt together to make the quilt, it was on the floor at the retreat, and everybody kept coming over and telling me how much they loved it. The bottom line is that it was identical in color to your block that you first put up on your thread. But after having read all the responses and suggestions from the others, the picture you ended with is sooooooo different, yet sooooooo beautiful. It sure shows how you can take one block and make something different from it. I do not have a camera to take a picture to share with you, as I'd rather spend money on fabric rather than film. But I think you really did yourself proud with your finished product. I appreciate sharing the identity of the quilt colors with you.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-29-2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps