View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 05:28 PM
petthefabric

Hi from central California in the Sierra Nevadas! We're 3 wks behind on our rain season and we're parched. You've all heard about forest fires so I've been waiting on bated breath praying for rain. Well Thanksgiving week is when it came. Major roads are closed; I5 from LA to most of the rest of the state; i180 to Reno Nevada; I5 north of Redding to Oregon. And the snow level here is 2000', we're at 3000'. Some of you will say, "That's nothing!" It is if snow at 4000' is iffy. So Wed night it snowed. By the time we left for my sister's the roads were clear. DS' husband informed us this AM there was a 4 hour window for us to get home. 15 min after we arrived, it started snowing.

On Tuesday the heater gave up the ghost. The gas stove did OK Wed night. . when we got home today it was cold in here. It's just getting so my hands are thawing out.

So I'll sew a little tonight to finish a quilt top and back. Then I'm making comfort quilt kits from stash (down sizing) to hand out at guild on Thursday.

Oh yeah! At DS' with her family there, gave away some table cloths and 1 sm electric appliance. They'll give someone else enjoyment rather than gathering dust.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2019 at 03:36 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps