Old 12-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Iceblossom

In terms of shopping for Christmas, I haven't done Black Friday in at least 20 years... we gave up exchanging gifts in the family at least 10 years ago as well. We all had what we wanted. In terms of good deals, I've been known to buy some things here and there. A couple of years ago my hubby's work had a "giving tree" and one of the only things the young girl asked for was a sewing machine, so I watched and got a nice deal on a Brother at Walmart, it was when the order ahead and pick up first came out and it was not that bad an experience, but even getting in/out of the parking lot of Walmart on BF is an experience.

So anyway, we did go out on Friday and we did buy something but it was to a small business and we are on their mailing list, I don't sign up for many lists

And I don't think it counts, but I completely trashed my aluminum canning kettle/pot that I used as my big cooking dish. Not putting food into that ever again! So we looked at Costco last time we were there but for once they didn't have any of the stock pots, not in the restaurant section area, and we ordered one from Amazon that came Friday. Made turkey stock that afternoon! It has the different baskets and such and I'm going to try making tamales from a thread in the Recipe section with that stock.

Last year I think I did 4 Goodwills and made quite the haul. Went did our thrift run today after bowling as usual and the stores had a lot of space, must have been one heck of a deal. I got a pair of leggings on tag day (half price), so I think they were $3, and a pink tag CD that is a compilation from what was my favorite music station for close to 20 years. They changed formats a few years ago and I've been sort of lost, found one I liked and then after 2 years it changed format. Anyway, I've been picking up these compilation CDs, must have 10 now and it's like having the radio but no ads.