Old 12-03-2019, 06:56 AM
ILoveToQuilt

I had no choice but to go shopping on BF. My DH had to replace 5 broken mailboxes at one of our apartment buildings, so we were in Lowe's. No huge crowds, but then again there are no huge crowds in Aroostook County, Maine! All in all, we spent under $500 for the mailboxes, lumber, hardware, etc. Other than this Lowe's trip, only other shopping done on the weekend was a quick (under $10) grocery store trip.

We did the Walmart BF craziness one year when they had 32 inch flat screen TVs for $96 each. Couldn't believe the lines and the "nasty" people pushing and shoving. Of course, not enough TVs in stock, so they gave out vouchers for when the sets came in. We didn't get the TVs until well into February. Oh well....live and learn.

The best BF spent was actually in Moncton, New Brunswick (Canada). I mean huge fabric sale at Fabricville. 50% off everything in the store! Needless to say, I bought fabric; mostly Stonehenge Canadian design fabric. Love that their "yard" cuts are actually 39 inches! I tried to get DH to go up there again this year...no dice. Too much work on our rental units and not enough time. Maybe next year? I can only hope.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-03-2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps