View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Iceblossom

I have been busy with my tiny little Bonnie Hunter units Got those done yesterday so today was working on putting together the Cherry Goose project. Sewing the rows together now as I decide what to do with the borders.

Still no new fabric, but I was given a gift certificate! Woohoo, I can look at and get some new fabric and I will.

The hot water heater was fixed Monday before Thanksgiving. The car was finally ready Wednesday before Thanksgiving and came in under the estimate! Which should leave me budget for taking the Bernina into the shop.

Last year I went to something like 4 Goodwills on Black Friday, didn't do it this year. I did pick up a small bag of fabric at the Goodwill on Sunday after our bowling date. For $4.99 I got about 2+ yards of fabric, not the best deal but they are very nice, a Moda and some metallic embellished Asian fabrics to go with the other stack of them.

Otherwise, no sewing or fabric related purchases. I did get a new stockpot to replace the aluminum canning kettle I completely trashed with boiling those hand dyes, I declared it no longer safe for food. And I am planning on getting my next quilting related t-shirt, "It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out". zomg, it was never that big an issue for me before I started sewing with the Bernina with it's extra large bobbin and warning sensors and such. I have run out (and kept sewing) 4 times in the last week now that I switched to the little Brother!