Old 12-04-2019, 06:48 PM
Vetteman61

Default New To Me Davis:Pics & Help Identify Attachments

Hello all,

I have pictures below.

I posted some questions about a Davis machine recently and today I purchased it. I have almost zero knowledge pertaining to sewing machines but I've been wanting one for about 10 years and my goal is to learn to make some clothing and simple upholstery items. I picked it up for $80, which may be overpaying, but it was worth it to me with the attachments that came with it and what seems to me to be a machine in good shape. The lady I bought it from said it was her husband's grandmother's machine, and they believe she bought it new. They were moving and wanted to sell it.

The number on the bottom of the chrome plate, in front of the needle and foot is: 2712025. I am assuming this is a serial number?

My first question is could someone guide me to information on the appropriate methods to service and lubricate the machine before use?

Here are some pictures after I got it home:

Here are the attachments that came with the machine. I numbered them in the picture below. If someone could help me to understand what each one is for or what each one is called I can look it up online and hopefully learn how to use them.

I forgot to add this in the picture above.

Two of the drawers had something that I'm not sure is original or something that has been added. One had a piece of wood with some holes in the top that were holding small spools of thread. The other drawer had a thicker piece of wood in the bottom. The wood had slots cut vertically across the top into one end of it and felt was pushed down into the slots. My guess would be that this is a place to stick needles into.

In case anyone is interested in the hidden surprises, this is everything that was in the drawers, minus the extra junk I had to clean out like small pieces of thread and old plastic wrappers from various items. The original manual is in the bag, but parts of it appear to be in bad shape. The original keys were also present, as well as an extra, more modern looking that that doesn't appear to go with the machine. Also an interesting circular screwdriver with three heads, a lot of extra needles, pins and buttons.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon