Old 12-05-2019, 04:01 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Vetteman61 View Post
Thank you everyone for the information, it gives me a good jumping off place to start learning. One thing I haven't figured out is how to remove the plate over the shuttle? I thought I had seen others just slide or pull it off, but mine doesn't want to come loose. I don't want to pry on it and damage it if I'm doing it incorrectly.
Yes, it should slide out. If you have some Tri-Flow Oil, put some along the edges of the slide plate. Let it sit over night and try in the morning. If you can get the sewing machine head out of the cabinet and can rest the head upside down, then put some on the underside. It may take a few days (especially if using just sewing machine oil) of doing this. If it still doesn't want to slide, perhaps a hair blow dryer can warm it up a bit. I wouldn't get it too hot as you don't want to ruin the paint or the decals. The front should be able to be pulled out towards you and the back slides to the back of the machine. Hopefully, just a bit of patience and judicious oiling will allow it to slide out.

We had a screw that didn't want to budge after regular sewing machine oil. but letting Tri-Flow Oil sit overnight it came off the next morning.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.