Old 12-06-2019, 05:56 PM
carriem

I too am here...I try to remember to check in every few days but don't get my email reminders so sometimes it is longer than I realize! I didn't do much sewing in November, but am trying to make up for that this month. I finished the binding on a quilt for my daughter...she had one side done and it was just killing me to see it so close to finished. She's been so busy working 25-30hrs/wk and going to school 20hr/wk that she hasn't done any sewing since either late Sept. I got two bindings on quilts that I was hired to finish (my friend makes the tops, hires the quilting out and then I bind). I got a Curved Log Cabin quilt sandwiched yesterday (KT fabrics). I hope to start quilting it this weekend, but for sure on Monday since that will be a day home. This is a UFO from at least 2 1/2yrs ago possibly 3? My goal is to have it done before Christmas for a new quilt on the day bed in our living room. I also need to get more of the towel/scarves made before next Wednesday because I want to deliver 3 of them for gifts. I gave some to family at Thanksgiving and another friend and everyone seems very excited to try them out. I am making them with yardage instead of the jelly roll strips now because they cost a little less and go together much quicker.

My husband had his back surgery Oct 31st, was off a week, then just worked half days the next two weeks. He is doing pretty good as far as being healed up from the incision....but he has what is called "drop foot" in his right foot and can't lift his toes. It could get better but more than likely there is irreparable nerve damage.

Also during that time my dad (66) was in the hospital for 9-10 days, so I spent some time at the hospital with him too. Dad is living with my sister and she is getting him to appts and they let me know when they need some help. He is having double vision still so can't drive. (He went to ER with very high blood pressure and they said he was lucky to even be alive...the high b/p is what caused the dbl vision according to the ophthalmologist.)

My MIL (81) has had a lot of appts the last couple weeks and I am her driver/pay attention person for those. 2 more next week and 1 the week after that then we are done until after the first of the year!! Seems like those 3, 4, and 6 month check ups always catch up to each other.

My daughter had her graduation from LaJames International College this week...she still has a few hours left and has to take her boards, then she will officially be a Nail Technician. Then in the spring she is going back for Esthetics (facials, waxing, make-up, etc) and plans to work in a spa. Spas are more likely to hire you if you are dual-licensed.

So...there's a little update on my life. Sounds like others are pretty busy too.