View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:05 PM
themadpatter

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
feline...the Andalusian didn't go to the show. It isn't going anywhere. As to the others, I priced the ones I really wanted to keep really high, so it was unlikely that anyone would buy them.

Watson
My dad was a painting contractor and he was talking about one of his jobs one day and inadvertently taught me a great lesson about contracting. Apparently the owner of the place was... let's call him a difficult person to deal with or please. Dad bid the job so that any time he personally had to set foot on the job, he would make $100.00 an hour. In current $ that would be around $300.00 an hour. He said if the guy hired him, and he kind of insinuated the guy would be crazy to do so, nothing the guy could say would bother him, because "I'll just think about how much I'm making and no matter what he says, I'll be happy."

My dad was a pretty dour person, so the thought of him walking around in his white painter's overalls **smiling** made quite an impression on me, lol. My dad would approve of your pricing structure.