View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Dina

I haven't seen this suggestion yet. My sister makes "indoor snowballs" out of leftover batting. She saves those long strips you have left after quilting the top and cuts them into strips and rolls them into balls like string. I am not sure how wide she cuts them, something like an inch or inch and a half.

An indoor snowball fight is lots of fun, the more people the merrier. She had guild members bring her their leftover batting and she made three large tubs of snowballs. We have used those for three or four snow ball fights at the end of our December guild meeting and her square dance club enjoys them at their parties also. They are also fun at family gatherings, but I enjoy them most when about 60 quilters are throwing them at each other at the end of the December meeting. . They weigh nothing, don't hurt, and have never even knocked over plastic cups that are sitting on the tables during meetings. They last forever...I think she made them four years ago and we just take the tubs to the December meetings. We all look forward to the snowball fight...

I don't have a picture to share, but they are easy to make. Just for fun, make a few and see what you think. The strips stick to each other, but if one starts unraveling, my sister just calls it a melting snowball and rolls it back on.

My cat has one he enjoys too.

Dina

Last edited by Dina; 12-10-2019 at 06:21 AM.