View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I have a Curve Master foot but find that a quarter inch seam foot works just as well. Align the beginning, hold one piece in each hand, raise the left side slightly, and go. When you're about 1/2" from the end, use sharp tweezers to hold the two pieces together. This takes some practice and coordination but you get the hang of it fairly quickly. It is essential, though, to hold the left (top) piece up. Maybe there's a YouTube that may help you?
This is exactly how I do it, and it works beautifully. I agree, you don't need the Curve Master. It's the same technique the inventor of the Curve Master teaches to use her product, but you can achieve the same results with your regular foot.

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
Concave on bottom, convex on top I then ease the two pieces together as I stitch the seam.
I also agree with this. Years ago I started an apple core quilt, the pieces went together just fine but I ran into major problems when I started to assemble the rows. Went online and researched, found that concave on bottom worked beautifully. But when I realized I would have to either assemble the rows by hand, or, if sewing by machine, take the quilt out of my machine and flip it after every block, I wadded it up and tossed it in a corner.

Last edited by Peckish; 12-10-2019 at 10:26 AM.