View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 06:50 PM
AprilM

Default Summer Weight Quilt

A quilt that has been a UFO for way too long. Made from a jelly roll (using the Jelly Roll Race pattern). The back is flannel (no batting used). All over FMQ and once finished the flannel backing was trimmed to 2 1/4” beyond the quilt top, then double folded to the front to make a “binding” with two rows of top stitching.

Its not perfect, but it is done and i do plan to make a couple more of these now that i know how it works. Next time i will probably try to baste the two layers together before quilting to avoid puckers, although once machine washed and dried it naturally gets that crinkly vintage look so the couple puckers i did have are hard to find (although i know where they are). I remember seeing a couple antique “summer quilts” at a quilt show some years ago and loved the nostalgia and wanted to make one some day.

For me this one was actually an “experiment” quilt that i started for a beloved pet Boston Terrier named Nellie who passed away before i could complete it. The quilt has been put away half finished because i couldnt bear to look at it since 2015. I finally decided to finish it last weekend and it will now be shared by Nellie’s younger buddy Gracie now in her twilight years.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620802[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails b06396f3-2f4c-458d-915d-6205ff60a6d3.jpeg