View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 AM
roselady

Aunt Becky is made to be used on the finger under the quilt, so you still need to use a thimble on the top finger. I bought one but couldn't figure out how to use it, the needle kept sliding off of it. BUT, I had read that Jinney Beyer uses a spoon, and there is one she recommends made specifically for quilting. I didn't want to spend more money on something that I wasn't sure I would be able to use, so my DH took an old spoon from my kitchen and cut some of the handle off (about 2") I slipped on one of those soft rubber pencil grips and it works great!! I had seen a video of Aunt Becky in use, so I used the spoon just like that. After using my spoon for awhile I thought maybe the one Jinney recommends would be better, so I bought it. I like my homemade one better. I use a Roxanne thimble on my top finger, I like it because I use the pad of my finger not the top, and most thimbles are made to use the top of it. They are expensive and I need to buy another one because my finger changes sizes depending on the weather. Clover makes one that looks similar to the Roxanne that is MUCH cheaper, so I will try it.