View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 05:24 PM
NJ Quilter

They are fabulous little machines. Great for classes or everyday sewing. The 222 is a free arm version and much harder to come by. I was very fortunate that a friend found one for me and I was able to get mine for $40. They can be had very reasonably if you are willing to wait and hunt.

Yes, an original bobbin case is something to be mindful of but replacements can be had at reasonable cost. One of the main issues I've heard/read about are the cases being stinky from sitting. Getting the smell out can be a process. Otherwise, as long as it turns on and runs, you should be good. They are quite simple machines and easily serviced/maintained yourself.

I believe the white/celery models (also not very common similar to the 222 model) I think are the ones most likely to be Euro wired. I'm sure that can be changed. I've seen several of them for sale in this area but way more $$ than I am willing to spend. If I got the right deal...???

Troll craigslist; facebook sale pages. Let all of your yard/garage sale friends know what you are looking for. Show them a picture. Good deals are out there if you have the patience.

And I'm sure others will be along soon to give you more/better info on the mechanics/wiring questions.