View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:45 AM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
What a great repair guy you found. I expected the bill to exceed $100.00
You absolutely are not the only one that thought it was going to be over $100, when I was living in Kansas City, I had an older Singer that needed the timing adjusted and belts replaced after it was dropped accidentally, that bill was $155.

The guy I go to is an hour away from me, his family has owned the shop for decades, the shop itself has been in one location for over 50 years. They're Janome dealers as well, whenever I buy a new machine, that's the only place I'll go to and he gives free service to a new machine, for the life of the machine, plus a free, all-day 'class' on helping you get to know your new machine.

I've lived in Southern Missouri for almost twenty years and he's the only one I'll go to when my machines need serviced. His $25 service fee has never budged, either, that's what I paid when I saw him originally back in 2004. His customers are so loyal that when I was there to drop the Dressmaker off, he had a gal come in with two Janome's that needed service and she lives in Kansas City. He's one of the best in the business as far as I'm concerned.