Thread: New from Maine
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 AM
Iceblossom

Making sure everything is exact means it is ok to buy a brand name from one store to another, price does matter but factor in shipping costs if any. But be wary, some have very minor SKU number differences which may or may not make a difference. I've been told, for example, that some Walmart electronics "passed" their manufacturing tests but not as highly as the regular models.

My Costco Brother I bought as a class machine had a specific model number, took me a little tiny bit to figure out which bobbins to use for it. When I went the next town over to the Brother shop they treated me badly and I have refused to go there ever again, basically they sniffed down their noses at me and since I bought a "disposable" machine instead of one of their high priced Brothers they wouldn't even look up the model of the bobbins I needed. Fine, didn't need their overpriced bobbins anyway... and I'm still using this opportunity to speak badly of that establishment/encounter. If I ever did buy a Brother (and I rather like their embroidery machines) I will never ever buy it from that establishment nor would I use it for service.